Baked Veggie Egg Cups
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup (240ml) egg whites (or another 6 eggs)
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup (75g) chopped yellow onion
- 1 cup (150g) chopped broccoli
- 1 cup (150g) sliced mushrooms
- 1/3 cup (30g) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Preheat oven to 375°F (191°C).
Coat 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray, or line with silicone baking cups. (I coated the silicone baking cups with spray.)
Whisk eggs and egg whites in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat a skillet over medium with oil. Add chopped veggies. Cook 5–6 minutes, until they’re a little soft and the onions are fragrant.
Add veggies to eggs. Add in feta and parsley, and mix well.
Use a measuring cup to pour egg mixture evenly into muffin cups, about 1/3 cup each. Bake for 17–20 minutes, or until the egg cups are no longer jiggly and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow cups to cool before refrigerating, or enjoy immediately.
Serves: 6 | Serving Size: 2 egg cups
Per serving: Calories: 137; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 3g; Monounsaturated Fat: 0g; Cholesterol: 192mg; Sodium: 411mg; Carbohydrate: 5g; Dietary Fiber: 1g; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 12g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 259mg; Iron: 6%; Vitamin A: 15%; Vitamin C: 53%; Calcium: 12%