Pork Chops With Roasted Vegetables
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut loin pork chops
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper, divided
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil, divided
- 6 small red potatoes (about 12 ounces), halved
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut into 8 wedges
- 1 (8-ounce) package crimini mushrooms, halved
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup (50g) Gorgonzola cheese, crumbled (about 1 ounce)
Preheat oven to 425°F (218ºC).
Place a large heavy roasting pan over high heat. Sprinkle pork evenly with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add 2 tablespoons oil to pan; swirl to coat. Add pork to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until browned. Place pork on a plate (pork will not be cooked through). Reduce heat to medium-high. Add potatoes to pan, cut sides down; cook 2 minutes. Remove pan from heat.
Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon pepper, remaining 2 tablespoons oil, balsamic vinegar and tomato paste in a small bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine 2 tablespoons balsamic mixture, thyme, onion and mushrooms in a bowl, tossing to coat. Add mushroom mixture to pan. Bake at 425°F for 25 minutes, stirring after 10 minutes. Arrange pork chops over vegetables; bake 10 minutes, or until a thermometer registers 145°F. Remove pork from pan. Sprinkle vegetable mixture with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Place 1 cup vegetable mixture on each of 4 plates. Top each serving with 1 pork chop, 2 teaspoons remaining balsamic vinegar mixture, 1 1/2 teaspoons parsley and 1 tablespoon Gorgonzola cheese.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1/4 recipe
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 379; Total Fat: 20g; Saturated Fat: 5g; Monounsaturated Fat: 10g; Cholesterol: 60mg; Sodium: 456mg; Carbohydrate: 23g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 3g; Protein: 29g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 645mg; Iron: 11%; Vitamin A: 5%; Vitamin C: 37%; Calcium: 6%