This sausage and vegetable egg bake is a delicious way to fit a complete meal (and some extra veggies) into one pan. Courtesy of The Lean Green Bean, each mouthful is dense with flavor and eggy goodness. This egg bake can be prepared ahead of time, refrigerated and popped into the oven when you’re ready to serve.
Sausage & Vegetable Egg Bake
- 1 medium red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup (75g) diced onion
- 5 ounces (140g) frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed to remove moisture
- 2 chicken sausage links, chopped
- 6 large eggs
- 4 ounces (112g) cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 (350ml) cups milk
- 3 cups (180g) bread, cubed (Italian loaf or a baguette work well)
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Optional: ½ tsp cayenne pepper
If serving immediately, preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Alternatively, you may cover prepared mixture with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight for baking the next day.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix until well combined. Spoon into a greased 9 inch x 9 inch baking pan.
Bake at °F (177°C) for 50-60 minutes, until desired degree of doneness is reached.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1/4 of 9″X 9″ pan piece
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 387; Total Fat: 20g; Saturated Fat: 10g; Monounsaturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 355mg; Sodium: 465mg; Carbohydrate: 20g; Dietary Fiber: 2g; Sugar: 8g; Protein: 23g
Nutrition Bonus: Potassium: 591mg; Iron: 18%; Vitamin A: 102%; Vitamin C: 113%; Calcium: 21%